Information also available in German.
We offer several communication services to you, to ease social interaction and studying.
Login / Authentication
Registration for Maths students -- This requires a valid stu-number which will be used to create an Account named fs-stuXXXXXX.
Students of Computer Science can login with their normal stu-account, without prior registration.
CodiMD is a collaborative Markdown-editor.
- Simultaneous editing of the same document (e.g., homework) by several people.
- Markdown, a very simple markup language, close to plain text.
- Real-Time rendering of the HTML corresponding to the typed Markdown.
- Syntax highlighting for several programming languages.
- VIM and Emacs modes.
- Many more, see CodiMD/Features.
Mumble is a voice chat program.
- Permanent and temporary channels (like Riot/Matrix, but independently).
- Should handle larger groups well.
Useful, whenever vocal communication suffices. E.g., in combination with CodiMD.
- A client program needs to be installed. Available for all major operating systems (incl. mobile).
A few suggestions on further technical options for collaboration:
- VIM / Emacs in a shared Screen / Tmux - session.
- Drawpile -- collaborative drawing
- Further options on libreplanet.org.
Questions, Remarks, Wishes
Feel free to contact us:
- via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All provided services are running on virtual machines at the Department of Computer Science. These are administered by the Technics-Team of the Students' Association of Computer Science and Mathematics. On the virtual machines, exclusively Free and Open Source Software is in use.
- We consider further services to offer later. If you have any suggestions (or maybe would like to help), we hope to hear from you.
- The so-called federation of Element/Matrix has been turned off on the provided instance, due to unresolved questions on data protection.
- In none of the provided services, your real name is displayed by default, instead only your stu-number. This is for reasons of privacy, which we do in this case value higher than the missed convenience.
- On the chat server, you can change your display name via the interface.
- On mumble, you can set a comment which is displayed when hovering over your stu-number.
In the past we offered the following additional services: